Thursday 15 February 2018

Continuous Intake Co-op Program @ Eastdale


Eastdale CI hosts an alternative program called, Continuous Intake Co-op (CIC) for students facing challenges continuing with a standard school day or environment. As part of this program, students can work in a job of their choice and complete the co-op curriculum, learning about workplace safety, human rights, resume writing, interview skills, employment standards and other work-related topics.
Much of the success of the CIC program is due to the teacher, Mr. P. Topolie's flexible, consistent and persistent approach with all CIC students.

Here is one CIC student's success story shared by the CIC teacher Mr. P. Topolie:
"Karim H. was enrolled in Eastdale's CIC Program for 8 elective credits from October 2015 to June 2016 with marks of 90% and 92%.  He also attended Wintson Churchill Night School and passed his last compulsory credit June 2016 with 87% ENG4C1.  He graduated from Eastdale in June 2016.  His Co-op Placement was Mega City Tire.   He applied for the Truck and Coach Mechanic Program at Centennial College and is currently earning marks in the 80's and 90's.   He has contacted me about accepting his younger brother in the CIC Program.  Just a great CIC success story!"

From Karim H.:
"Hello Mr. Topolie, I would just like to say thank you for all your help in regards to my high school education.  I really didn't have a clue what career id be interested in until I joined your CIC program, I loved the experience I got from my placement and I realized that I should pursue a career related to mechanics.  That being said you are one of the best teachers I've had, thanks again."

Best regards, Karim H."

Kudos to Mr. P. Topolie and the TDSB's CIC program that makes a huge difference for students!




No comments:

Post a Comment